ARE YOU CURRENTLY OPEN?
- YES! We are OPEN here in Soho for take-out, indoor dining, and delivery (via Caviar), and our beautiful outdoor garden is now open too! We've continued to sanitize carefully and continuously. Stop in and join us!
Do you take reservations?
- There is no reserved seating for the Bakery. Simply place your order at the counter and seat yourself at any of our available outdoor terrace tables. Thank you for your support!
Can I bring my items to go?
- Absolutely. All of our items can be packaged to go for you, but you’ll benefit the most from eating them fresh! Please do handle the pastry box with care and keep it upright. Please ask us for recommendations for storage and care of your pastries.
Can you accommodate nut or gluten allergies?
- While we do not offer substitutions, we do have many items without nuts or gluten. Please note, our kitchen is NOT a nut- or gluten-free environment, so cross-contamination may occur. Please ask our staff to help with your dietary preferences.
Do you deliver or ship?
- We currently offer local NYC delivery via Caviar and DoorDash. Check out the apps for our delivery menus and enter your address/zip code to see if you are in the delivery radius.
- WE NOW SHIP TOO! Visit our new shipping site, DominiqueAnselOnline.com, where we offer a selection of our signature pastries - from the DKA to Cookie Shots, Cannelé, fresh-baked cookies, and more - all baked fresh here in our NYC kitchens and shipped to your doorstep. Please note: we're currently able to ship to the contiguous 48 U.S. states only.
Do you do private events at the Bakery or offer special event catering?
- We'd love to help you plan your special event, whether it's here at the Bakery in our covered greenhouse, or to provide an assortment of our cakes and pastries for a catered event. For any private event or catering inquiries, please email us at [email protected]
Do you make wedding cakes?
- We accept wedding cake and catering orders on a case by case basis. Please email us at [email protected]. We’d love to meet with you and discuss your needs!
When are you closed?
- Our 2022 Holiday Hours are:
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 24): 8AM-1PM
- Christmas Eve (Friday, December 24): 8AM-5PM
- Christmas Day (Saturday, December 25): CLOSED
- New Year's Eve (Friday, December 31): 8AM-5PM
- New Year's Day (Saturday, January 1, 2022): CLOSED
Do you offer wholesale?
- We do not offer our pastries via wholesale. All our items are only available in our own shops. However, if you are planning a large event and are looking to serve our pastries, please reach out to us at [email protected] and our team would be happy to work with you to see what is possible.
What is the Cronut®?
- The Cronut® pastry is the unique creation by Chef Dominique Ansel that many have described to be a croissant-doughnut hybrid. After its launch on May 10, 2013, Cronut® pastry fans spanned the world from Berlin to Singapore, making it the most virally talked about dessert item in history.
- The Cronut® brand and product is a registered trademark of Dominique Ansel Bakery internationally. As it is associated with innovation, we are proud that the Cronut® brand is affiliated with our bakery and baking philosophy to bring you constant creativity. Please beware of imitation items claiming affiliation with the bakery.
How do I get the Cronut®?
- We begin offering freshly made Cronut® pastries every morning when the bakery opens at 8am (9am on Sunday). We recommend arriving early as there is often a line at the shop prior to opening!
- You can now get them DELIVERED via Caviar & DoorDash too!
- Each Cronut® pastry retails for $6.50 (pre-tax), and there are three ways to score yourself one.
- 1. Visit Us at the Bakery - Every day we offer freshly made Cronut® pastries at the bakery. The lines start outside as early as 1 hour prior to opening (we open at 8am from Mon-Sat and 9am on Sun). Please note that we are not officially opened until our hours of operation and cannot service the line that starts earlier. As a rule of thumb, if you arrive prior to 7:30am on a week day, you have a great chance of getting the Cronut® pastry. (Weekends tend to be busier.) Please note there is a 2 Cronut® pastry per person limit for in-store purchases. When in line, please do be considerate of the residences in the neighborhood and the others in line. Do not cut or reserve spots for friends and we hope you don’t endorse any scalpers you may see. Our rule in terms of age cut off is that if someone is old enough to eat pastry, they are free to purchase the pastry. Please do try to keep the sidewalk clear of obstruction so there is ample room for passersby and keep your voice level to a minimum.
- 2. Get on the Pre-order List - Every Monday at 11am, we offer preorders ONLINE at https://NYC.CronutPreorder.com . Please keep in mind we are taking pre-orders for up to two weeks in advance. For example, on Monday, April 18th, we open preorders for pick-ups the entire week of Monday, May 2nd-Sunday, May 8th. Pre-orders fill up quickly; Please check the website for available dates and times. There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 Cronut® pastries for online preorders per person per week. We can only take one pre-order per person. All pre-orders are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and the date of pick up cannot be rescheduled. Please keep a clear note of your order date and time as we are unable to send out reminder emails due to the volume of our orders. Due to large amount of customer requests, we are unable to provide extra Cronut® pastry boxes for each order and charge an additional $1.00 (the direct price from our suppliers) for each extra custom Cronut® box. We will package each Cronut® in the appropriate size box for the full order. (Our online system is currently in beta testing and we experience a large amount of traffic so it may be timed out because of the inflow of customers. This is not because the website is broken. It is merely stalled because of the large traffic volume. Thank you for bearing with us!)
- 3. Place a large order (over 50) - Please email the shop at [email protected] . We require a minimum of one (1) month’s advance notice for large orders. For example, please email on May 1st for orders for the month of June (email early as many orders come in at 12 midnight). Orders will confirmed based on a first-come-first-serve basis in the email list. Please include in your email: 1. preferred date/time of pick up; 2. number of Cronut® pastries, and 3. a phone number so we can reach you to confirm the order and receive credit card information. Our staff will try to contact each customer by phone at the number provided for TWO attempts within 3 hours before moving on to the next order, and the spot is forfeited. In order to be fair to the large demand, we can only take one large order a month from each individual. Please expect to hear from us within 72 hours . Orders will be packaged in our bulk boxes and we charge an extra $1.00 for each custom box. Once again, preorders are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and the dates of pick up cannot be rescheduled. Our items cannot be resold or advertised without permission.
- We are increasing our production of our Cronut® pastry more each day! Currently, we make approximately 350 minimum, exclusively for the line daily at our bakery. Look for us nationwide as well, but please be wary that if you don’t see the Dominique Ansel Bakery affiliation, it is not the Cronut® pastry.
How do I eat the Cronut®?
- As with all of our pastries, Cronut® pastries are made fresh each morning and are best enjoyed as soon as possible, as they have a short shelf life of just 6-8 hours.
- If you are taking Cronut® pastries home, please do not refrigerate! The humidity from the refrigerator will make them soggy. Do not re-heat Cronut® pastries or serve them warm or hot, as the ganache filling will liquify. And if you do wish to cut your Cronut®, please use a serrated knife, so as not to crush the layers.
What flavor is the Cronut®?
- There is only one flavor of the Cronut® pastry every month here in New York, never repeating.
- For April 2022: the flavor is Passionfruit & Vanilla (filled with passionfruit jam and vanilla ganache)
- For May 2022: the flavor is Strawberry Poppyseed Mascarpone & Buttermilk, filled with strawberry poppyseed mascarpone ganache and buttermilk ganache